Sunday 5 January 2014

My Old Mantra

Too much going on lately. So many different aspects of life changing, colliding, collapsing, creating. Contemplating a rejig of everything I've tried last couple of years and going back to my old mantra - time supercedes anything you and I plan for. In the end, it doesn't matter what we want, things will transpire as the world had always planned for it.

Microcosm - on the first day of this two week break I downloaded an app which would allow me to become a DJ when I wallow in my personal space for an hour or so a day. Two weeks later, still havent used it.  Macrocosm - a decade ago, I dreamed of being a millionaire by the time I got to the age I'm at now. 10 years later, still skint.  As such, any such unions, rejoices, experiments and resolutions ultimately will play out as they want not as you want. Nihilistic much? Perhaps. A little. But the good news is that there are plenty more amazing highs, surprise poignancies, unexpected thrills awaiting to balance every planned let down, every measured disappointment and every calculated collapse.

I'm clearly going to carry on predicting my 'next superstar' of music so I will continue to defy my aforementioned mantra and still ply away at hope.

Anyhow, to move on from post-sartorial-life-commentating to fresh-out-the-pan music. This is a little playlist for all you beauties out there who have a mixed bag of emotion of starting the new year ahead of tomorrow. Some of you are back at work, uni, life etc, but for me its all go again from tomorrow. If you're anything like me, you'll be feeling one of the following five moods (maybe even all at the same time) See below your mood and then hit the appropriate play button on the playlist. Enjoy mother-lovers.

HOPE (Swim by Fickle Friends)- ...that the new year will bring a bit of joy. Maybe you have something planned big this year. Continue to hope that brown stuff doesn't hit the speedy motor blades all over your lovely clean manila walls. Fickle Friends of Brighton will give you a little bit of spring time bounce and have you popping all the way until at least Wednesday.

APATHY (Hole Why'd Wurld by FTSE feat Femme) - ...or not too bothered by the new year and all that new years resolution stuff? yeah, I feel ya. FTSE is back with this slick collab with Femme. An amazing voice with a chorus a bit similar to a Sting song but one that oozes the whole 'it doesn't matter what you all say, do or think, I'm gonna get what I want' - by this Femme means "I'll go the hole why'd wurld just to find ya'. Apart from the distracting mindless spellings, this song is a real keeper, a proper chill ting.

BRING IT ON (Michael Jackson by Mzwetwo) - ...lets do this thing. Gonna lose weight. Gonna grow better friendships. Gonna hit some real life goals. Gonna make shit happen. This is your song. Mzwetwo pronounced Mz-way-two has produced a tune that'll have you bouncing back and forth doing some weird ass things with your fingers near your nose, shaking a finger at the world and then bouncing away appreciatively. Thank you for the swag. Jokes aside, this is such a fresh sound, a bit different to what I normally post. But I mainly posted it because this guy is genius. His EP is beyond awesome - 'I'd Go Back On My Heart' is particularly brilliant. Phatness.

DREAM (Distant Horizons by Sizzle Bird feat Bea) - ... this is the year, this is the week, this is the day, this is the moment. I'm gonna rise up from my own duldrums and peak to glorious heights. I wanna reflect on this moment and to feel emancipated from the shackles life has placed on me. Close my eyes and envision where I wanna be. Sleep. Wake and then 'be' my vision.  Euphoric. Sizzle Bird, doing his thing, amazing. In fact, no, not amazing. Breathtaking.

DREAD (Alice by Mononoke) -... expecting more disarray, more disappointment, more bitterness, more futility, more failure, more loneliness, more let downs, more rows, more frustration, more problems. Less time, less money, less hope, less sun, less love, less hope. Alice. Just a pack of cards without the hearts. Can you call that love? Escape without being seen. Mononoke, exemplifies all the above and makes you wanna crawl to a loved one and hug them. Tight. Till you forget how you feel. Its a brilliant song. But we dont want you feeling this way for too long. So appreciate Mononoke and Alice, then remember my mantra - time supercedes everything that you and I plan for. Smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment