Monday 9 September 2013

We Are Together

The last time I posted was more than 2 months ago. Its kinda weird, I last posted in summer, on the cusp of one of the most defining periods of my life. And now, I post on the other side. A lot has happened. Tears, laughter, closing of chapters, opening of new ones, exhilaration, euphoria, relief, contentedness.

Yeah, not my usual summer. But it wasn't a usual summer. I know I kinda sound like a narrator of some dodgy american teenage high school drama thing, on the opening day of term. But it was my first day back at work. And it really was a wonderful summer.

To fully encapsulate the feeling I punted for Planet of Sound for my return. And boy does it hit the right note. From the gentle whistling intro to the introduction of a mesmerising guitar riffy acousticy sounding melody.  And that moment when all of it makes sense. Life makes sense at 1.05. The whistling and the acoustics all in one go. The frenzy leading up to the sabbatical-like bridge just prepares you for the whirlwind euphoria of bringing all the elements of the summer colliding back together again at 5.29.  And at last. We Are Together.


2 comments: