Thursday 12 September 2013

Lessons

This time I'll do things differently. Lessons learned. Bridges burned. This time I'll do things differently.

See normally, I somehow try to relate a part of my day or my life to match with the song I'm hoping to introduce to you through the post.  Mostly, its a ridiculously loose connection. 

And then sometimes, when the track is THAT good, you feel silly even beginning to try and connect the song with some sort of real-life analogy. The first three lines of this track are basically the complete antithesis of how I feel when I play this song.

I wouldn't do any of it differently. I would make all the mistakes all again.  I would re-live the glory moments all again. In fact the intro to this song and the perfection of the crescendo at 2 mins onwards, I would re-live hundreds of times.  Earlier in this week I watched this film about personal time and how we choose to spend it.  The most poignant moment for me was when the lead character, can't remember  his name at all, so for convenience will call him Jackathon, acts on his father's advice to live a day and then re-live it so that all the negatives can become blessings and all the positives can be seen as gifts. That struck a note with me.  

Anyway forgive me because I tried to make a connection with my life, which is simply unfair. This song is magnificent, and I can't remember feeling this strongly and enthusiastic about music for a long time. Sohn, is simply outstanding. And this song is more so. Listen to it. Share it. Love it.

Incidentally, the last line, 'This time, I'll keep away from you' - couldn't be further from the truth. 9 days need to hurry the f up.


No comments:

Post a Comment