Monday 3 June 2013

Era Defining

Mixed bag of emotions. One book closed. Another opened. I have been distracted the last month. I apologise. Saying goodbye is hard sometimes.

Trying to somehow rescue some sort of face, I have a few treats for you today.

Still Parade - Actors
I know hardly anything about this band but this track, released last week has been emailed to me from at least twenty people. Its worth all the hype. Press play and forget about everything.




Swim Deep - King City
My youngest sister got married last week. I have found myself remeniscing an awful lot the past few days. Good times and bad. Sad times and ecstatic times. The opening 40 seconds of this latest release sums up all that emotion perfectly. Self inflicting and analytical, this is right up my street. 'I wanna be everything I'm not....and...f**k your romance' - my life is far removed from such lyrics, but every now and then, I like to feel. And this is music to feel to.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment